Tuesday 23 December 2008

The Economics of Chutney

Greetings from down south, where I am already whiling away the holidays by spending too much time on the internet and eating too many mince pies.

Whilst at the hairdresser's this afternoon, I happened upon this piece in the Telegraph: apparently our illustrious Mayor of London Boris is giving home-made gifts of chutney this year.

I would very much like to try Mr Johnson's chutney - I expect it is made to very high standards with quality ingredients, him being that sort of chap. It's also, in a small way, nice to know that my elected representative can turn his hand to such things. Perhaps by next year he'll have learned to knit?

Interesting economic analysis and I did love the photo tag-line: "Home-made chutney is not the answer." What was the question?

No comments: